Thursday, March 10, 2011

Geo Chocolate Nile

That is the name given to the fabric for my 4th Dee shoulder bag. I decided to accent the blue in the print for the lining and strap contrast. I think it helps brighten it up.


The bottom is blue too, just like all the bags with the contrasting color. The blue may get dirtier than the print would, but if I make all the bags with dirt in mind, most of them would not get made. Lighter colors get dirty, it's just the way it is. I actually snicker to myself a bit whenever I see someone set their bags down on the ground & then get upset when the bottom gets dirty. Um, yeah, it's gonna happen when you set stuff down on the ground.
Anyway...


I am really liking what initially was done because of a fabric shortage...the contrasting top bits of the straps. The underside was always a contrast, but the tops came about from a goof.

And lastly, the inside. This sucker is just huge. Seems that way to me anyhow. Although, my bags tend to be on the smaller side. But I could totally fill this up - easy.



5 comments:

storybeader said...

like the accents! And the pocket - pockets are always nice! I see you changed your avatar for EC - cute! {:-D

Re said...

Very nice bag, I love working with contrats. Think it makes the creation even more individual and interesting.

And, I COULD fill it up in a heartbeat!

Memories for Life said...

Looks great! I like the contrasting blue...nice touch :)

Jenny said...

very pretty! I think the blue looks great contrasting with the pattern fabric. Thanks for sharing!

Anitra Cameron said...

Capacious! Not often you get to use that word for such a pretty bag! I really like this one.