Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Feeling Stitchy Stitch Along

Such a cute little octopus. I decided to take part in Feeling Stitchy's Stitch-along. This month is an octopus stitching. The text portion was left up to us. She had the alphabet, we had the sayings. My oldest is a huge Beatles fan. So he helped inspire this also. I may even add a small submarine at the bottom. Not sure yet.

I tried some crayon tinting...it did not work out as planned. I may recolor, hand paint a bit or just leave as is. Not sure yet.

And the text color only looks bright enough during the day. I need to remember to pick out colors in the evening.

You can peek at everyone's over at the Flickr pool here.

4 comments:

SarahBeth said...

Marvelous embroidery (and the submarine would be such a cute addition)! I like the fabric you chose!
I looked at the Flickr group and Feeling Stitchy's blog and am amazed at all the interpretations! Now I'm a FS follower! I must get back into embroidery!

Memories for Life said...

I love seeing embroidery on patterned fabric instead of plain canvas! This is so cool!

roseworksjewelry said...

Fun :)

Kristin Dudish said...

I'd like to be in this Octopus's garden (in the shade, of course).