I got a pretty darn good start on the quilts this week. I am not sure how I feel about the pink squares fabric in the first quilt...but since it is a "trial run" and just for me...it's fine. I do need to get more of the marbled blue that is for the border and back. The batting I will use is an older hand-me-down from a friend. I don't want to get the good stuff when it is just for me & I'm not sure how it'll turn out. Batting can be pricey, especially the kind I prefer.
This second quilt is fun. Visually it is (hopefully) going to appear as if the framed boxes are falling apart, leaving blossoms falling & along the bottom. Lots of applique & fusing for this one. It also needs some more fabric. I ran out of the pale green for the bottom where the petals will be appliqued. I hope this one comes out looking at least somewhat like it does in my head. LOL!