Saturday, November 28, 2009

Blue Quilt is Done

I have finished the blue quilt. And I don't like the pink patches too much, but I am still pleased with the fact that I did it patternless. Plus, it keeps my tootsies warm at night.

I had a frustrating time with the binding. I went cheap & just used pre-made stuff. So i suppose that part went well. But I ran out part way through - always a bummer. Once I made my way to the store & brought back some more, I got frustrated again. It was a little off and left me with a ripply binding. Which is not exactly the end of the world.


There were some puckers and "squish" points here & there in the quilting as well. This can be a hazard even with a pattern, so I didn't let it bother me. Besides, isn't that part of the charm of a handmade item? The little flubs that make it unique & special. I read once that women used to make small mistakes" on purpose with quilts. Something to do with the only perfection being a creation from god. Heck - who wants perfect? That'd be boring.

I have about 5 or so quilt patterns to scan & share soon too. I have a box full of the fabrics I plan on using for each too. I think that will keep me busy for quite some time.

2 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Looks great! And I agree...what would life (and quilts) be without a "mistake" here and there :)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

The quilt is beautiful!

And I like your deal of the day :)