Saturday, May 30, 2009

Vintage Sewing Goodies

I was organizing some of my sewing stuff the other & ran across some goodies left by my Grandma. There were snaps & hooks& needles...still in great condition. I don't want to use them, not sure exactly why. I guess they are just too neat just the way they are. If anyone out there collects this stuff - just give me a shout - I'd love to find them a home somewhere other than a box in my closet.






My mom also gave me a bunch of old patterns which I may or may not sell, not sure yet. I need to look into it some more because I am not sure what is considered a "good find". If you know anything about this stuff, let me know - thanks. I scanned a few into the computer...I am thinking of taking photos though because they do not look as good when scanned. Here are a few of the patterns:


6 comments:

patchfirstshop said...

You keep all those with good care, I can see from the pictures... and I always love to look around for Vintage Bridal Patterns.. don't know why.. maybe because I love everything about weddings.. even I can't saw any cloth... hahah :)

^-^
Patch

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Very cool finds! It would be hard to part with these!

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Those are cool!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Wow! The "Happy Home" needle pack is outstanding! I have a few of the old sewing goodies. I should rustle them up, see if they are in as good condition as yours.

colourdujour said...

vintage finds are loads of fun. The simplicity is from the early 70's. I either have it or some VERY similiar.

Found your blog thru the Quilt Home newsletter. Congrats on winning!

Love your bags.

Come visit me, altho I am waaaay behind on blogging.

Khaye said...

Hey! Are you still giving those sewing stuffs away?!


karencam15@yahoo.com