Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Vendor Apron

I made a vendor apron for my last craft show. I wanted something with a pocket for cash, notepad, calculator & pens. I also wanted to make sure the cash pocket was front & center with no way of falling out as I moved around. So I zippered it shut.

I was going to do a simple cotton apron like the one I use in the kitchen, but it needed to be a tad more durable. So I used a denim fabric for the base & one of my fave florals for the pockets. Topping it all with a burgundy bias tape strip along the edges & matching fabric for the ties.

I love how it turned out. Everything fit in perfectly & the money stayed put! Too much unfortunately...but that was not due to the apron so much as the show being a bust. Here's to next time!





See the pins? "Make Art" and "Art for art's sake" from Barrel of Monkeys...my son wanted a bunch, so I got a few also. They go well with the apron I think :)

4 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

very innovative! practical, yet pretty

Unknown said...

It's so cute! and such a great idea!

Memories for Life said...

How cute! You should definitely add these to your shop! You could even offer custom ones!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Great apron! I have one that I bought on etsy that I love - it has purple flowers all over it! But I think I need to buy a plain canvas one for the weeks my bro helps out. I can't picture him wearing the purple one when I take off to walk around or use the restroom...