Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Chickies

Ok, I didn't do any of those sketches for my next embroidery...but I do have the baby faerie in the flower all ready to go.

What I did do was a cute chickie couple wishing a Happy Easter...to my mom :)

I found these cute guys over on Sew {Very} Creative's blog...lots of fun stuff over there, you should go check here out. Click here if you want to see the original pattern.

I really like how it turned out. The color of the fabric here is a little off, but close.







For the text I just printed up a Word Art text in Microsoft Word. I wasn't sure what stitch works best with text, but the way I did it seemed to do ok. Anyone know what stitch(es) are most recommended for text?

I think I am getting the hang of it...and I can see it quickly becoming addicting!
I have the baby faerie, a Get Crafty bunny from Urban Threads and a Serenity image all ready to go. Not quite sure what they will become once stitched. I am thinking a pillow for the bunny, maybe the faerie too and possibly a backpack for the Serenity. My son wants the Serenity to be a pillow because he liked my painted one so much...which we do not have because it was made for a swap. see below

5 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Can't wait to see how the Serenity one turns out!

Memories for Life said...

I love the chickies! The colors are so bright and cheery!

Splendid Little Stars said...

The little chickies turned out so well. Congratultions on your win!

Becky said...

I love those little embroidered chicks - they came out really well! :D

uniquecommodities said...

I LOVE the serenity pillow!