Friday, April 24, 2009

Show and Tell: A Small Twist

I made a tote a little while back that my mom took on vacation. I knew she'd like it. The size was just right for all their beach things and the way it keeps everything inside by hugging your hip. The strap is kind of funky, but lets the bag wrap around you so even when you lean over stuff does not fall out. She liked it so much I decided to make a few more. And I even got an order for one when I was wearing the small version. yippee!

I made a smaller version of the Twist bag for myself. I wanted a new bag, one that can be hands free with quick access. This is the first one I made. It turned out cute, but the strap was a bit too short. It fit my mom ok (she's only 5'2") but on me (5'7") it was too short & tight under the but area. I think I may take it apart at the center of the strap & extend it.

Anyway, just thought I'd share:





Oh yeah...and this was the larger version:

4 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Very cool! You should definitely make more of these. They would be great for vacations when you have a camera in your hands and other stuff too. And it would be more secure...I always worry about my purse when I'm on vacation!

storybeader said...

very cute, and great for the lady on the go. And for travelers! Love the way you sew the label on the inside!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cool idea!

Splendid Little Stars said...

great bags! clever design! lovely fabric!