Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Embroidery Stash

Remember my last post? I said I started an embroidery thingy. Here it is:

Not quite sure what I am going to make it into. I was thinking a zip pouch of some sort. It's too big for an iPod type thing, but I could size it to hold CDs.

I am starting to feel a little bit better about my ability to embroider, even though I have a ways to go with some of it. The purple part of the bass up there was intentionally going in different directions...I thought it might give a cool look...didn't quite work out.

For anyone out there who knows what they are doing....what is the best way to fill in a large space? I know that if the threads are too long they are easily snagable.

I am going to make something Eastery for my mom - either for a small pillow, frame or napkin cover for buns. If it works out, I'll show you next week.

I went through my old sketchbook to find some images for more embroidery projects....pillow, framed, apron or towel and whatever else pops into my head. These are my first few choices:




...and then there's all the ones I have purchased from Urban Threads (that place totally rocks! if you embroider or like graphic, you must check that place out!) and Sublime Stitching ("this ain't your gramma's embroidery!).

And before I go...
I want to start doing some tutorials...but I am not sure where to start....zippers? simple lined totes? hidden zippered pockets? simple basic sewing?
Any ideas? requests? thoughts?

5 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I like your embroidery! Don't tempt me with more things to try... :P

Splendid Little Stars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Splendid Little Stars said...

I like your guitar, TiLT. The purple stitching gives it dimension. All your sketches are great.
simple lined tote, please!

Becky said...

I love Sublime stitching too! Your embroidery looks pretty darn good to me, and I love the baby sketch! :D

Anonymous said...

Ooh, love the purple guitar!