The idea to make some tooth fairy pillows started with my youngest's soccer team. Specifically one of the kids' mom. I made a few in my own themes first to show her so she could get an idea of what they looked like. And for me to get an idea of how to make them.
The other week she contacted me with a theme idea. Frogs. I was not able to start it right off because of all the kitchen redoing. It is done now.
It started with these pieces:
I think they translated well to the actual pillow. All the small pieces were a tad difficult to handle, but it all worked out in the end.
And the backside is a lily pad and flower. Not a floral pizza missing a slice like my hubby first guessed. And yes, it is a similar shape, but I modeled it after an actual lily pad. Not the rounded cartoon version that is often in kids books.
I really like the way the flower turned out. And the opening in the pad is larger enough for a folded dollar bill. Possibly even a gift card. I'll have to try that to see if it would work.
I still have that list I made a while back of theme ideas. The next few weeks will be in a bit of upheaval while the walls get painted & the new floor gets put down. So hand sewing monsters and cutting out pillow themes will be the most "sewing" I will most likely get around to actually accomplishing. But it will be a good accomplishing :)