Monday, June 7, 2010

Brown Daisy Wristlet Duo

I took my sewing machine in for a tune up and to fix some minor concerns last Friday. Firstly - the shop I took it to rocks! It was done that same day. Now I know that it was part luck, but he also did a fab job. So, many thanks to Dan at Clawson Vacuum & Sew!
Now onto the goods...

I wanted to make something before I took the machine in. The last time I had a tune up (at some other place) it took over 2 weeks. Ugh. So I finished off more some grocery totes for myself and a wristlet I had sitting around. I didn't forget about it. Really. It was just under some other things. It never left my mind. Honest. *cough* What? You don't believe me? Me neither :P But I did finish it. Rather quickly too.I decided to have some fun and embellish the front with some brown duck cloth I used for the lining. There were a couple strips cut & sitting with the rest of the material. It had been so long that I am not sure what it was supposed to be. But it worked like this :)


It even has a little buddy to match.

Maybe I need to take my machine in more. Gets my rear in gear.

4 comments:

Rose Clearfield said...

I love the color combination for those pieces!

Erika said...

I need to take my machine in but I know it will take two weeks...one of the downsides to living in a smaller community.

storybeader said...

I think it's adorable! And so glad you found a reliable shop for the all important sewing machine! I'm thinking of looking into getting a sewing machine... I don't really like sewing, but I love textiles!

Splendid Little Stars said...

love the colors and the design!