Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fruity Oaty Bar Girls...Finally Done!

I finally finished up this piece completely! I had added some scrap fabric to each girl's hair. I am much happier with that than the plain embroidery. Gives it some texture.

This is the front of the pillow. I used a blue diamond Matelasse fabric to frame the embroidered area. The girl's faces still seem a bit dark. I am debating on whether to add some paint to their eyes and dresses. What do you think? Too much? I'd hate to take it one step too far when there is no way to undo.


The back side was simply the Matelasse. I used a zipper so the pillow insert can be changed. Or so the cover can be washed I suppose. Although, I would stick to spot or dry clean because of the embroidery and crayon tint. I know people do wash them...and someday I will have to be brave & try it. But I am not so big on brave :P

One last pondering I have...should I pillowize my embroidery pieces or mount them in finished off hoops...hmmm...maybe I'll go halfsies.

2 comments:

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Their little hair pieces really brightened it up :)
And I hear ya on not knowing when to stop or taking things too far sometimes! I think I would try to lighten their faces...but they do look good the way they are :)

Athena said...

Hmmm, I do love it, but I don't think you'd be taking it too far by brighteing up their eyes and dresses. Little pops of color. :)