Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September Challenge: Day 1

I have started that Craft A Day challenge with a wallet for myself. Why for myself? Because it didn't turn out so great. But I do have ideas for fixes, so I'll be trying again next week. I have too much in my to do box to try again this week. Yes, I have upgraded from a pile to a box. And to be honest, it's more like 2 boxes.

So, this is the wallet. I have the darndest time with regular snap on snaps (is that the right term?). Anyway, I may stick to magnetics and sew-ons. The tools I have tried rarely seem to work. The pockets/slots wound up too thick. I was trying to use interfacing to keep them stiff, but I don't think that'll be necessary. I do adore the fabric though. I have one or 2 more things cut & ready to go with it before I am out.




And this is the material for Day 2's project...

So, one down, um...many more to go, like 29!

....come see Peacocks & Dragonflies' OADCC (one a day craft challenge) - she got me started on this :) ...

4 comments:

Memories for Life said...

That turned out really cute! I hope you can get all the quirks out so you can get some in your shop :)

And I can't wait to see tomorrow's project!!!

maryeb said...

That wallet looks good to me. I've never tried those snaps. If you're like me you're a little overly critical of your work.

I'd love to see what you do with that lovely pink netting.

This challenge is certainly ambitious.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's adorable fabric on the wallet!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Your wallet is cool! I thought about doing that challenge, but I just can't right now. It will be fun to see what you make!