Sunday, February 20, 2011

Poison Ivy, Leaves and All


She is done! Well, except the finishing off of the backing :P And I am quite happy with the results. I should have set a timer or something to figure out how long it took to complete. It was probably around 12 hours all told...2-3 hours over about 4 nights. I know I showed off most of it earlier this past week, but now the leaves are on and it gives it a whole new look :)

So here she is...bit by bit...

This angle shows off the "texture" of the leaves pretty well.


And the flower stands up quite a bit also...


Can't forget her tooshie...rather naked as it turned out...


And her dainty little feet...


This was taken with the hoop on it's side - almost. I think it looks pretty neat, so I am showing it off...


The leaves - and the flower - were all made by embroidering on bits of singed organza. This is them in a bowl. As I went I found that I had to cut most of the pieces smaller. Next time I will burn them with a candle flame...should be much easier on my fingers than always flicking a lighter on. Of course that means I will have to go out and actually buy a candle...


8 comments:

ReRe said...

She came out great. It is nice to know that you care enough about your work to even consider the reverse side.

Judy Nolan said...

Theresa, she finished up beautifully! I love the organza additions...the perfect final touch.

storybeader said...

neat texture! I know the feeling, spending so much time on something, without timing it! Oh well... {:-D

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

She turned out so cool! I really do love the patterned fabric...adds a whole other feel to it!

Linda Pruitt said...

This is so unique! I can understand you having a hard time pricing it!

Splendid Little Stars said...

How cool, Theresa!!

Nancy said...

Very cool- and that is some good photography there too!

Flufferwuffer said...

Just gorgeous. Love the texture!