Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Tee

It is official. I do not like to sew knit. I just finished up a new tee using Simplicity's pattern 4076. It is not that it was particularly difficult, just a pain in the patookie. Actually, it's just the hems. Any tips from those that sew with this material?


And now to the top...


The center took a little finagling to get the twist through part right.


The view I went with was "F", which did not have sleeves. I am not a no sleeve person. Simple fix - take the sleeves from one of the other views :P And viola...

And now I need to get back on track and cut out some bags. Cutting was on the agenda for yesterday...until Snowapalooza hit and the kiddos were home for the day. Large tables with harsh corners in the middle of the room and scissors snipping willy nilly is not a good mix with shorties that zoom all over all day. So - this tee was born instead. Be back in a day or so with some bags :)

3 comments:

Pink said...

Looks like you beat the jersey pretty well! When I'm sewing with old t-shirts I find a zigzag stitch is my best friend.

Duni said...

I hear you on the hems!!! I use a twin needle (not sure if that is the correct term in English?)

tamdoll said...

Your top looks great - I love the pattern.
I sew with knits and I don't find it very hard if I use a ball point needle. It's the pinning and cutting I usually have trouble with - keeping it from shifting or stretching as I work.