Monday, February 23, 2009

Sketch Time

I have been trying to figure out just what it is I would like to do next. Do I want to simply change around the basic designs of my handbags? Or pick 3-5 of my faves & make lots? Or go a whole new directions with embellishments and embroidery? I think I may do a combo of all three. I think of it as the basic, mid and luxury lines. Hey, I am a Detroiter...it's in the blood.

My plan for this week:

1) Pick my top 3 faves that I have already designed & set to make a batch of each.

2) Take 2-3 of my sketches and draft out each in a "test" bag. Hopefully they will work well enough the first time around to use myself or sell.

3) Sketch out some embroidery/paint designs for more of an evening type clutch (design based on one I already have - to be determined later).

I have scanned 2 sketches that will be the 1st two new trials (actually, they are the 2nd & 3rd...I have already cut out & begun sewing the 1st)



Any advice or such is welcome...just keep it PG :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it exciting to be in that place though...where you are just so overstimulated with things to make that you can choose what to do next? Happy creating;)

storybeader said...

sounds like a good idea, looking at your "future" work from different angles. The spice of life! I would never know what to say about how to make bags... but... everybody likes different sizes, that's what I would keep in mind. Very simple thinking here...

Patti said...

Sounds like you have a great plan, TiLT! Sometimes the best creativitiy comes from just starting something and letting it evolve from there!