Friday, February 6, 2009

Scrappy Fun

I finally felt the desire to sew and craft again. It feels like it has been forever! I am in a Whedonverse swap over on Craftster. Plus I have that custom order whose fabric is now all here - yippee! That kind of sewing I don't need a "desire" for since they are already designed & I have been looking forward to starting it. Maybe that's why I haven't felt like doing anything else...didn't want anything to interfere once it was time to start. I would love to show & tell the fun goodies I have been making for the swap, but I want to keep it a surprise. But I can share what my new found crafting bug did bring me...

After sorting through my fabric & sending half off to my 2nd Etsy shop for destash & organizing the rest...I was still left with all the bits & pieces. That box above is about 2 feet long & almost 1 foot wide...and filled to the brim with scrap. I have not idea what to do with all of it, but unless is less than a 2 inch square, I can't just throw it away. So I started playing around and made a couple ribbon bookmarks with scrap pieces on either end...and some buttons...love the buttons! I think I may make more of these, hopefully getting them to a point where others may want them. But for now - they are all mine :)









Okay...here's one piece of the swap...since you can't tell what the whole is
...think of it as a teaser...


6 comments:

maryeb said...

the ribbon bookmarks are so cute.
I'm glad you feel like crafting again.

BeadedTail said...

Great bookmarks!

Memories for Life said...

Super cute TiLT! These would definitely sell on Etsy!

Silkfair said...

Such a great idea! The bookmarks are such great creations. We love the added button. Nice touch.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I can't wait to see what your making for the swap!

uniquecommodities said...

You are very talented!