I am getting back into the swing of things...but still just for me. Although, this is something I plan to make more of for the shop. For now, it will be a much needed pillow to rest my arm on when I read on the couch. The colors are perfect for our new walls & couch.
The twin lines are supposed to be an abstract'ish argyle...kind of. I do like how it turned out. But I will fess up to a goof. I usually arrange my cut piles in order to be sewn. This pile apparently got knocked over at some point & not put back correctly. I had reverse appliqued AND sewn the argyle lines before I realized that they were put on what was supposed to be part of the back. Oops. I think I was just so excited to sew again that i forgot what size pillow it was supposed to be for. Easy fix though...I just made my own pillow form to fit.
The back side has a simple slit opening, but because of my goof the pieces were not quite wide as I like for the overlap. Solution: Use a snap on an extra diamond pieced onto the overlap.
I chalk this one up as a happy accident. I love the snappy piece on the back & plan to use this idea in the future...but on an opening with the correct overlap :P