Thursday, September 23, 2010

Drapery Two...Finally!

I finally got around to making the second drapery for the window at the sewing machine. It is turning out just right light-wise. The sheers are just that, sheer. Which brings in a great amount of light without the glare. I liked the look just fine with one, but two makes it easier to open.

And now I need to move on to the kitchen and/or front room. I think I may have ideas for both. The kitchen may be similar to those I just made, only not sheer and with two "loose" strips to use as tie backs. I even have a set of sheets that have a fun print in the right colors for the strips.

The front...still on the fence. I was thinking of bubbles. Appliqued pieces in various sizes running along the top 1/3 of the curtains. The material for the front room can't be too sheer by request of pretty much everyone in the house. We like to see out, but do not like feeling like we are in a fishbowl as people walk down the street. That is actually what made me think of bubbles in the first place :)

No comments: