Friday, August 28, 2009

The Painted Totes are Done!

Here they are, the totes from my last post. I finished them a few days ago but it took a while for me to get the photos taken...rainy days all week did not help...neither did the photo editing program crashing daily :P

I made each bag a little different & was hoping to gather some opinions on which style is most liked. None of them have a closure. I figured that with their sizes (nearly 2 feet wide) a snap wouldn't do much and a zipper won't allow for overstuffing. I could easily add a simple tie closure, may try that on the next one. The straps have twill tape inside to give them more oomph. They all have 2 large pockets inside - one printed and the other in the solid color & sectioned. The bottom is reinforced with an extra piece of stiff craft interfacing fused (and quilted, on some) to the lining. The next batch I make will be half this size. I don't want too many XL totes hanging around.

Now for the bags & their differences...oh, and the center panels are all hand painted to mimic the print.

This first one has a strip of the printed fabric all around the top edge.


This bag has the 2 different colors next to the print.


This is the simplest - no band at the top and only one solid color...plus, no pleats.

Here are all 4 hanging above my machine...no idea where to store yet :P
The yellow bag was in the last post...it's difference is the pleating...which is quite bulky when sewing. I feared for my poor little machine. The yellow is also a tad see through, which is what brought on the idea for the band around the top on the chili pepper bag.

So, any preference among the differences?

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Great totes!! What a great idea to paint the middle section! Love the colors.

hipchic~cynde said...

These are so awesome. Love them all!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

They are all wonderful!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

So cute! Love all the pink in the bottom two :)