- Bike ride was a go, twice
- Library - check
- Clean upstairs - check
- Embroider - check
- Playground - check & check
- Sew bags - half checked
- Iron interfacing - nope
So...the bags: The first one had lots of problems & still needs some reworking. Thankfully my "problems" led to a neat idea. Since the bag's image is a zombie - I did the bag purposefully patchy so the ends looked frayed...although it's on the back side, so you can't see it here. But in the process, the sizing got out of whack. So I need to "trim it down". You can see it in the front view picture...the flap is too long. Should be an easy fix.
I went back to the messenger bags I had already cut and fixed the gusset lengths...turned out it was an easy fix. I still don't know how I cut them the wrong length. Oh well, the measurements are now correctly noted. This is the Firefly bag:
Both bags still need to be ironed - they will look less puffy then. I plan to do that when I am ironing the interfacing I did not get to last week.
So... embroidery: It's turning out pretty good. It took a while to find the right quote. The first few were too long. I liked
- "This being Sunnydale and all, I guess we can rule out something good" ...not too long, but not quite right either
- "...you gotta stand up and salute their death rate"...needed something more, although looking at it now, it would have worked. Maybe I'll use it on something else later.
- "…he's some kind of demon looking for an all-powerful thingamabob and I've got to stop him before unholy havoc's unleashed and it's another Tuesday night in Sunnydale." ...much too long
So, my to do for this week....
I think it's doable.