Monday, December 13, 2010

Holiday Sale a Success


These are some of the things that sold during the past 2 weekends at Riverside's Holiday Sale in Ypsilanti. I consider the sale a success because, well, I sold stuff. Which is the whole point. Would I have liked to have sold more? Of course. Am I happy with what sold? Of course.

Now...what to do with the rest? Aside form relist in my shops...of course.

I have been enjoying the pillows and such I have been making. And the embroidered ornaments. So I know I will continue with these and add the quilts & such I planned on. But as for the bags...I need to decide which I will make more of and when. Maybe one batch of home goods, then a batch of embroidery pieces, then bags and repeat.

Someone had pointed out to me that I should be sure to point out just how few of each bag design I made as this only helps to support the one-of-a-kind aspect...and thus lends itself to higher price points without further explanation. She may be right. Where I see a mish mash, she saw a sea of unique items screaming "buy me - no one else will ever have the same one". I like that :)

I need to actually sew more to achieve this. It'll help. Need to wait for a non-snow day though :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sale! I know we always want more, but these days, to sell anything you feel accomplished!

Duni said...

Congrats on the sales! December is a good month for me too :)
I haven't done markets yet, but I might next year.

storybeader said...

congrats on the sale. the embroidered ornaments sound interesting. I'm coming by to see them! {:-D

Erika said...

I think it is great that you got sales--any sales is wonderful! And like Storybeader I like the sound of embroidered ornaments.