Friday, April 2, 2010

Fixed It With Buttons

Buttons - sewing's duct tape. Fixes many an oops. Like my front zip pouch I made some time back. I think I may have been on too much of a roll because I skipped a small step when making this one.

The ribbon trim that also serves as the strap. Well, I did not sew it down before I finished off the pouch sides. Oops. First try...glue. But it could be seen through the ribbon. Almost like a mild stain. I do not have a pic that shows it, but the one below does show the gap left by not sewing it down.
Button time! I chose buttons that matched the medallions of the print & added until I liked the look. I am chalking this one up as a "mistake" that led to a better ending.

This happens often in pretty much any media I ever play with. I make sure to teach my kids this also...that we learn from our mistakes...and usually they are not mistakes at all...merely "creative paths".

6 comments:

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

I could not agree more...there are no mistakes in crafting...only learning experiences :)
Love the buttons!

Joy (The Art Of Joy) said...

Awesome and creative fix! I love it!

Ruthie said...

I love your creative fix!

storybeader said...

that looks great! And it's so cute - it matches the fabric! Doesn't look like an afterthought at all!

Ani said...

Definitely a case of a happy mistake--the fix is adorable!

The Accessory Lady said...

That is adorable! Love the colors and button accents. :-)